Saturday, June 16, 2012

6/16 - Italy [Take 2]

Yes it's decadent, some would even say it's a bit insane...but I'm not feeling the least bit guilty about heading to Italy twice in one year, not even a teensy weensy bit.

I'm packing (ok not really since I'm blogging) for the flight tomorrow and I'm ridiculously giddy.  Two weeks of mouth watering Italian cuisine (anyone who knows me even a little knows it's all about the food) in one of the most beautiful countries I've ever visited second only to New Zealand.  When I first traveled to Italy earlier this year, I was stunned by the beauty of the food, the people and the countryside.  This time, it's the anticipation of knowing what I am about to experience again and being able to finally see the Vatican and the Coliseum (that I missed the first go around to due to the freak snow storm in early February that shut down the entire city of Rome) that has me so antsy.


I'm meeting a very good friend of mine at JFK tomorrow.  Girard is flying in from California so we'll fly out of JFK to Milan together.  Then it's off to Milan, Venice, Florence, Rome and anything else we can fit in (including possibly my first Superbike race) before flying home from Rome on June 30th.  Why am I going in June you ask?  Why, to celebrate my birthday of course!  This is already turning out to be one of the most memorable birthdays and I haven't even left yet.  I'm so excited I want to squeal but I'd probably scare poor Aston.

A HUGE thanks to Girard's mom and brother for putting this together for us.  This is, and ever will be, the BEST birthday present ever.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment